Monday, November 8, 2010

Let's start by the beginning

First of all, I did not choose English as the language of my blog just for fun. I love English, and writing in English. Plus, it will be a good opportunity to practice a skill that should be useful in my future career. Also, it is true that nowadays, English is a global language and that most people can read it. However, I don't think that should matter since I will probably be the only one reading this blog except for some close friends. But who cares? Ifever some people I don't personally know end up here, let's French not be a reason not to communicate.

You might wonder why I named my blog The Shop around the Corner. I should say it is absolutely not an allusion to a specific Christmas movie in which a lady holds a bookstore around the corner. The lady reads stories to children in the shop and discusses literature with a penpal of hers. Of course, there is some love included in the plot. All great stuff. You ought to watch this. But the most important thing is that it talks about books. And I decided to do my own shop around the corner here. So unless I get really crazy with school stuff or forget that I have a blog, I should come here and tell you about the books I have been reading or intend to read. I also invited some friends to write here, because I know they love to read. So I hope they'll be willing to participate to my new fancy :D

Enjoy it and feel free to leave comments as long as it is not too mean!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment